Evaluate your financial situation
- Before meeting a financial advisor, it is important to evaluate your financial situation. Here are some steps to follow:
- Draw up your personal balance sheet. This will give you a precise evaluation of your financial situation (assets and debts).
- Use the budget simulator to determine the amount you can invest.
- Discover your risk tolerance. This will help your financial services professional offer solutions that fit your profile:
- Will you be able to tolerate variations in the value of your investment portfolio, whether positive or negative?
- Are you ready to see your investments lose value? Can you afford to?
- Do you prefer a safe investment with a modest return or a riskier investment with a possibly higher return?
Such avenues for thought will help you determine your tolerance to risk. Whatever your answers, the important thing is to be comfortable with your choices so that they do not become a source of stress.